Thursday, July 22, 2010

a shrine


I am not religious. In fact I think religion does more to divide people than to bring them together. I had hoped though, that I would be able to feel the reverence that inspired people to build the beautiful churches and cathedrals scattered everywhere here. I did not. But one day I was driving on some back roads near kilkenny and I stumbled upon this altar on the side of the road. My instant reaction was "holy s#%t". I pulled over the motorcycle and had a sit for 30 minutes or so in the pouring rain. This place exuded a charge that was clearly from something special. It felt like sitting in front of a fire. It's always interesting to see where the GPS takes me. Sometimes it is a lot more interesting than the tourist routes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you Suggest?